Brew The Perfect Cup
To brew the perfect cup of Bottom Gun coffee, you will need the following items:
- Kitchen scale
- 22 grams of normal grind coffee
- 355 mL water
Follow these steps to brew your coffee:
- Heat the water to 200-205 degrees in a kettle, or bring it to a boil and allow it to sit for 30 seconds.
- Place the glass brewer on your scale and zero out the weight. Rinse the filter with hot water to remove any papery taste.
- Add the desired amount of coffee to the filter and re-zero the scale. Start the timer and pour 50-60 grams of water over the entire bed of coffee. Wet the coffee grounds thoroughly and stir the bloom if desired.
- After 30 seconds, slowly pour 80-100 grams of water in, starting in the middle and moving outward in an even rotation. Make sure you pour slowly and evenly, and that the coffee bed is not concave when the water drains through.
- At roughly 1 minute, pour in more water to reach a total of 250 grams, using the same method as previously advised.
- At 1:30, pour in more water to reach 355-400 grams. After it drains slightly, gently swirl/shake the brewer to settle the coffee bed for even extraction. The water should disappear entirely at 2:30-2:45. Stir the coffee and add desired creamer or chocolate before drinking.